Brian Van Koten
I am a William H. Kruskal Instructor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Chicago.
- Office: Jones 316
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applied probability and numerical analysis
- Computer simulation of molecular systems and applications in biology, chemistry, and materials science
- Variance reduction for Markov chain Monte Carlo methods and applications in statistics and computational statistical physics
- Sampling rare events
- Atomistic/continuum couplings for the simulation of defects in crystalline materials
- A. R. Dinner, E. H. Thiede, B. Van Koten, and J. Weare.
Stratification of Markov chain Monte Carlo.
- D. Olson, X. H. Li, C. Ortner, and B. Van Koten.
Force-Based Atomistic/Continuum Blending for Multilattices.
- J. O. B. Tempkin, B. Van Koten, J. C. Mattingly, A. R. Dinner, and J. Weare.
Trajectory stratification for stochastic dynamics.
- X. H. Li, C. Ortner, A. V. Shapeev, and B. Van Koten.
Analysis of blended atomistic/continuum hybrid methods.
Numerische Mathematik, 134(2):275--326, 2016.
- E. H. Thiede, B. Van Koten, J. Weare, and A. R. Dinner.
Eigenvector method for umbrella sampling enables error analysis.
The Journal of Chemical Physics, 145(8), 084115, 2016.
- E. Thiede, B. Van Koten, and J. Weare.
Sharp entrywise perturbation bounds for Markov chains.
SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, 36(3):917--941, 2015.
- B. Van Koten and C. Ortner.
Symmetries of 2-lattices and second order accuracy of the Cauchy--Born model.
Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 11(2):615--634, 2013.
- M. Luskin, C. Ortner, and B. Van Koten.
Formulation and optimization of the energy-based blended quasicontinuum method.
Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering,
- B. Van Koten, X. H. Li, M. Luskin, and C. Ortner,
A Computational and Theoretical Investigation of the Accuracy of Quasicontinuum Methods.
Numerical Analysis of Multiscale Problems,
volume 83 of
Lect. Notes Compu. Sci. Eng. Springer, 2012.
- B. Van Koten and M. Luskin,
Analysis of energy-based blended quasi-continuum approximations.
SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, 49(5):2182--2209, 2011.
- R. Held, I. Stavrov, and B. VanKoten.
(Semi-)Riemannian geometry of (para-)octonionic projective planes.
Differential Geometry and its Applications, 27(4):464--481, 2009.
- J. Hardin, A. Mitani, L. Hicks, and B. VanKoten.
A robust measure of correlation between two genes on a microarray.
BMC Bioinformatics, 8(1):220, 2007.
Last modified on November 25, 2016.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Chicago.