- Full-time students pursuing a Master's Degree in Statistics are
expected to meet all requirements and complete the entire program of
study in no more than two years.
- If a student expects to be absent from the Master's program for
one or more academic quarters, the student must either withdraw from
the program or apply for a leave of absence.
- A student applying for a leave of absence for an academic quarter
should submit an application and a written plan in the preceding academic
quarter. The plan should state when and how the program of study will
be continued and completed.
- The application and the plan for continuing study must be approved
by the student's advisor and the Department.
- The above written plan will be kept in the student's record. The
student should follow the plan to resume and complete the program.
- For part-time students, a "year" is considered to be any
sequence of quarters during which the student registers for a total
of nine courses.
Failure to meet the above terms will result in dismissal from the
program unless a waiver is granted by the department.
Fall 2001; updated Fall 2017